3. 11. 2015 | Consortium of Migrants Assisting Organizations in the Czech republic has become a partner of an international humanitarian non-profit organization, which is called Médecins du Monde ( Doctors of the World). As Médecins du Monde is in the state of preparing the report on Refugee crisis in Europe, Conortium has been asked to provide a brief update on the situation in the Czech republic. The update focuses on the living conditions in detention centres which were recently the object of harsh criticism from United nations, Council of Europe and Czech ombudsman.
15. 10. 2015 | The severe conditions which children and families with children have to endure in Bělá-Jezová constitute a violation of the European Convention on Human Rights and the Convention on the Rights of the Child. Objectively speaking, children in the facility have worse living conditions than inmates in Czech prisons. Bělá-Jezová is a former military facility where the living conditions are, in many ways, much worse than those in Czech prisons. The entire report is here.
2. 10. 2015 | Analysis of the main problems of Czech migration, asylum and integration policy and also suggested solutions, were introduced to the public on Friday, October 2, 2015 by experts from the Consortium of NGOs working with migrants in the Czech Republic in the newly created document Migration manifesto. Public presentation of the Migration manifesto was held on the eve of the second anniversary of the tragedy at the island of Lampedusa, which killed 366 people. This event has become a symbol of the current migration situation.
24. 9. 2015 | Statement from the Consortium of Migrants Assisting Organizations in the Czech Republic to a joint statement of the Heads of Government of the the Visegrad Group countries (V4) regarding the refugee situation in Europe and especially on the Hungarian border.
11. 9. 2015 | On the occasion of the extraordinary Justice and Home Affairs Council meeting taking place in Brussels on 14 September, where ministers will discuss measures to address an increase in refugees and migrants crossing EU sea and land borders, the Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants (PICUM) and its member organisations urge EU leaders to establish safe and regular channels for migrants and refugees to come to Europe.
4. 9. 2015 | Consortium of Migrants’ Assisting Organizations in the Czech Republic strongly protests against the continued detention of refugees at the detention centers located in Bela Jezová and elsewhere. In the majority of cases the individuals detained are refugees fleeing the war in Syria. These individuals are to be transferred from the Czech detention facility to Hungary on the basis of the so-called Dublin Regulation. Hungary does not have the capacity to accept refugees (in July only 3 people were transferred to Hungary). The continued detention of these individuals utterly fails its purpose, it is inhumane, and it is contrary to international norms.
5. 8. 2015 | Information leaflet on campaign for receiving refugees. The aim of this campaign is establishing of demands for change in asylum policy and cultivation of public debate on receiving refugees issue. We present the facts about the situation of refugees in the Czech Republic draw attention to specific issues that are contrary to international human rights conventions and offer constructive solutions to these problems .
21. 4. 2015 | Consortium of Migrants Assisting Organizations in the Czech Republic which is an umberella organisation for 18 NGOs working with migrants in the Czech Republic expresses its deepest condolences to the people who died during their perilous journey to Europe, while urging political leaders of the Czech Republic and the EU to prevent the recurrence of similar tragedies through an asylum policy that allows refugees to safely apply for international protection.